Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cowell: Did royal invite get 'lost in the post'?

He might be one of Britain's most famous and successful entertainment figures, but that isn't necessarily enough to get in good with the British royal family. Simon Cowell of "American Idol" expressed his concern at not yet having been invited to Prince William and Kate Middleton's April 29 wedding.

"Maybe it got lost in the post," Cowell said of his invitation in an interview with 104.3 MY FM. "What have I done wrong?"

Cowell's snub could be blamed on his often brash behavior (or the fact that he doesn't personally know the couple). During an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on March 2, Cowell said "I may have said something to the Queen about her hat when I met her."

Related: Usher: 'I'm there if Prince Wills needs me'


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment